The Account Manager will be a knowledgeable resource on all Grace Hill products and is responsible for managing all aspects of the relationship with your assigned Grace Hill clients. Through intentional and effective client engagement, the Account Manager will be responsible for onboarding new accounts, securing agreement renewals, recommending and obtaining product upsells, assisting your clients with identifying solutions, and being a helpful training partner for your clients and their organizations. The Account Manager must be able to effectively communicate with members of leadership on the status of your accounts at any given time, and will be expected to maintain accurate records through Salesforce by logging all conversations, actions, and tracking all sales opportunities effectively.
Client Engagement and Correspondence:
- Maintain regular and effective communication with clients by having regular conversations and meetings with them.
- Use excellent client relationship building strategies to build rapport with clients and keep them engaged.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business and recommend Grace Hill products and services to improve business performance.
- Maintain a pulse on the high-level initiatives for clients, and the team member’s movements at a client’s organization, to better enable Grace Hill as a training partner.
- Notify clients of upcoming product releases or enhancements, new courses, and upcoming Grace Hill events.
- Proactively identify sponsorship opportunities with clients.
- Attend networking, association, and customer events as needed.
Renewal Discussion and Execution:
- Contact clients in a timely manner with renewal pricing and term information through an FBR, and participate in any necessary negotiations.
- Prepare and execute new agreements in Salesforce.
- Notify appropriate parties of renewal and any changes to an account.
- Discuss reasons for cancellation with clients, if applicable, and make every effort to save the account, up to and including notifying and involving Grace Hill leadership.
Upsell Discussion and Execution:
- Use conversations with clients to determine needs and identify upsell opportunities.
- Facilitate platform, product, and course demonstrations with key decision makers.
- Maintain accurate records of upsell opportunities and efforts in Salesforce.
- Prepare and execute agreements in Salesforce.
Onboarding of New Clients:
- Work closely with the Sales Team when new accounts are brought on board through coordination calls.
- Guide new clients through the implementation process to ensure a successful launch.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of each client’s account status, conversations, activity, and notes in Salesforce.
- Contribute to the overall reporting to leadership and partners by actively keeping tracking spreadsheets and other data up-to-date.
- Perform quarterly business reviews with leadership to show progress toward reaching goals, KPIs, and overall account updates.
Work closely and effectively with other departments to successfully execute other projects and tasks on an as-needed basis.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a sales, management, and customer service role
- Effective time management skills
- Logistical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products and services
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Knowledge of Vision platform preferred
- Multifamily experience preferred
- Some overnight travel required (up to 20%)
About Grace Hill
Grace Hill develops best-in-class online training courseware and administration solely for the property management industry. For more than 20 years, Grace Hill has helped people, teams, and companies in the multifamily industry improve performance and reduce risk. The company offers the highest-level performance-based online training courseware and administration with Vision, its industry-leading learning management system. Vision combines the latest in learning science and digital technologies, with white-glove customer service and support.