Engage Learners with Scenario Builder
This easy-to-use tool allows you to build branching scenarios that give learners practice at making the right decisions on the job.
Platinum Vision clients have access to a powerful course-building tool called Scenario Builder. Scenario Builder allows you to design branching scenarios that test learner comprehension by presenting them with decisions for how they should respond to practical situations. Scenarios improve learner engagement by making learners active participants in their learning. They also serve as helpful practice, reinforcing the correct actions learners should take in their actual jobs.
From the home screen of Scenario Builder you can:
- Download a template document for creating content prior to using the tool.
- View a sample scenario to get an idea of what you’ll be creating.
- Load a previously created scenario to edit.
- Create a new scenario.
Background Image and Characters
Select from an array of options for background image and characters. Each scenario can have one or two characters.
You’ll be able to enter introduction text for your scene. Use this to describe your scene or set a narrative. This is the first bit of content your user will see, so use it to provide important context.
You’ll enter decision points for each character you create. First you’ll specify what the character will say when clicked on. Then you’ll enter two choices, a correct choice and an incorrect choice.
- If the learner chooses the incorrect choice, they’ll see the feedback you’ve provided and a response from the character. At this point, the learner will have to restart that branch.
- If the leaner selects the correct option, the character will respond and the conversation will continue to decision point two, where again the learner will be presented with two options you provide.
- In this case again, an incorrect response will trigger a character response and feedback. But this time a correct selection will also elicit feedback in addition to a character response.
- Once you’ve completed the branching scenario for character one, you’ll see a similar screen for character two.
Next you can enter completion text for the scenario. This is the final screen that will show once the learner has correctly answered all characters’ conversations. It’s the final feedback you’ll be able to provide to your learner.
Now you can preview your scenario and click through all the options you’ve created to ensure everything is accurate and as you want it. You can make any edits at this point.
The last screen allows you to download a zip file of the scenario. This zip file can be uploaded to the load screen you saw in the beginning for edits and will be used in your course as well.
There’s no limit to the number of scenarios you can create to engage and train your learners. Use Scenario Builder for onboarding, customer service, compliance or any other subjects that address correct employee behavior.
To demo Scenario Builder and find out how you can get it for your organization, fill out the form below.