New Grace Hill Mini-Course:
Assistance Animals in Multifamily Housing
Our latest mini-course helps employees navigate the sensitive area of assistance animal accommodation requests.
As part of our Compliance Plus program, Grace Hill releases quarterly mini-courses built around emerging compliance issues. Our latest mini-course — available in Gold and Platinum Vision course libraries now — provides practical strategies for handling accommodation requests related to assistance animals.
Issues surrounding assistance animals are some of the more complicated ones to navigate in the property management industry. You must provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. In today’s world, you must also know when and how to raise appropriate questions about documentation that seems suspicious. There are strict guidelines regarding what you may ask a person who is requesting a reasonable accommodation. If you don’t follow these guidelines, you’re at risk of committing disability discrimination.
In this course you will learn how federal laws regarding service and assistance animals apply to multifamily properties and what to do when you suspect a medical verification for an assistance animal is not legitimate. This course also provides direct answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- Can a resident have more than one assistance animal?
- What if someone is allergic to a resident’s assistance animal?
- What can I do if owners of assistance animals break the rules?
- Can I charge fees or deposits for assistance animals?
- And more
All of our mini-courses include:
- Voice narration
- Engaging videos
- An accompanying downloadable workbook
- A Knowledge Challenge Quiz, which must be passed to complete the course
- Practice activities based on real-world scenarios
Mini-courses are available to our Gold and Platinum level Vision clients as one of the features of Compliance Plus.