Whether you are attending the National Apartment Association’s Apartmentalize conference for the first time or as a seasoned veteran with many years (or even decades) under your belt, there is always something new to learn about the upcoming event. As multifamily’s largest annual event, some things change from year to year, and I have outlined them below.
- The Excellence Awards are FREE this year. In the past, this event would come with a cost. You MUST arrive early because the event has a strict cap of 400 people. With this being FREE, as well as a great networking opportunity, you can bet those seats will fill up fast! The Excellence Awards will take place on Wednesday, June 7, from 11 a.m.- noon, so don’t miss this fabulous opportunity to rub elbows with the industry’s top professionals.
- Maintenance Mania is gone forever! The infamous Maintenance Mania competition is on a farewell tour this year, never to return. This is always a fun event with a rowdy crowd and a great chance for us to support participating friends, colleagues, and companies. If you think professional sports are competitive, you haven’t seen anything yet! Maintenance Mania may be going away forever, but it will be replaced with a new top-secret event that will be unveiled at Friday’s general session with Jason Sudeikis.
- Safety is a priority. Safety should always be top of mind no matter where you travel. It is recommended that conference attendees remove their name badges outside the convention center. The Atlanta Ambassador Force is also on hand all week to help escort people to events, make recommendations on food and fun, answer questions, and so much more. You can text them directly at (404) 732-4200 for immediate assistance between 7 a.m. and midnight.
- The Thursday night Welcome Party has returned. This year’s party is going to be bigger and better than in years past. A few highlights to note is that this party will be at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the official home of the Atlanta Falcons. Falcon cheerleaders will be in attendance, along with their mascot and drumline. You will have access to the field, live music, great food, cold drinks, and meaningful conversation with 10,000 of your closest industry friends. This event is the best opportunity to network with all attendees as it’s the only time everyone will be under the same roof without worrying about attending classes or working a booth. Let’s make the most of this time!
- The Impact of Disengagement and Cultivating a New Employee Experience. Don’t miss your chance to hear from the industry’s top professionals on one of the hottest topics in multifamily. This presentation will be engaging and packed with practical tips featuring panelists Stephanie Anderson, Chiccorra Connor, Paul Marks, and Lissi Daniels. Apartmentalize is a must-attend event, and we’re thrilled Stephanie will be representing us. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 7, at 1:20 p.m.
- Combat challenges with new solutions. The exhibition hall is the best way to connect with suppliers, hear about the latest and greatest in multifamily solutions, and explore new partnerships. We invite you to visit us at Booths #3005 and #1704. And don’t forget to check out Visto at NAA’s main booth to set up your free account and spin the prize wheel. Remember, the trade show floor is huge, so don’t forget to pack your comfortable shoes.
- Resources at your fingertips. Download the Apartmentalize app ahead of time and plan your schedule right in the app using MyPlanner. There is so much information available on the app, including connecting with other attendees, a full schedule of education events, and reminders for when things like the Exposition Hall open to attendees (Click Here to Download). And join NAA on Wednesday, May 31, at 3:30 p.m. for a 40-minute webinar to prepare attendees to make the most out of their experience!
As many of you know, this conference has so much to offer and a lot of moving parts. This list is only a portion of the events to note for this year. Please continue to follow NAA on social media, as they will share the most updated information to ensure you have a successful conference!