What is the best certification for a property manager?
If you are a multifamily property manager with a year or more of experience, the Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) certification is ideal for you. CAM is a great way to build your career and achieve your performance goals.
Why become CAM certified?
Become more desirable to employers
CAM certification differentiates you from other property managers. It demonstrates excellence in the field and a strong commitment to multifamily property management as a career. Completing the process required to earn a CAM certification shows you have the knowledge and ability to successfully manage an apartment community.
Perform at a higher level
CAM certification gives you a more in-depth understanding of the processes necessary to achieve owner investment goals and make your community run at peak levels. You’ll master:
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Maximizing net operating income
Get the best out of your employees
As a property manager, your success depends on the success of the personnel you manage. CAM certification gives you the skills to help your employees thrive. You’ll learn:
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of high-caliber employees
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Systematic employee evaluation
Who is right for CAM certification?
The only requirement to enter the CAM certification process is 12 months’ experience as a property manager or assistant property manager. But whether you have one year of experience or twenty, CAM certification will help you take your career to the next level.