Last week we discussed actions property management employers can take while waiting for the new federal vaccine mandate to be finalized. As we mentioned, the mandate will likely impact many of your organization’s processes, such as recordkeeping, confidentiality, reasonable accommodations, and more. While it’s too soon to implement a vaccine policy, now is a great time to review your existing training and policies in affected areas to ensure they are up to date and there aren’t any gaps.
Here are some suggested courses and policies to review prior to implementation. Consider it your pre-implementation toolkit!
- Confidentiality, Nondiscrimination, and ADA Compliance for Employers During COVID-19 – Review employer rights and responsibilities during the COVID-19 outbreak, including how to remain ADA-compliant.
- Conflict Resolution – Get strategies for responding to conflict, including negotiation techniques and how to work with a co-worker to solve a disagreement.
- Using Empathy to Develop Meaningful Connections with Others – Learn actions you can take to create stronger connections and improve relationships with coworkers, clients, and customers.
- COVID-19: Basic Prevention and Preparation – Review basic COVID-19 prevention strategies and ways to encourage others to follow them as well.
- Mask Use During the COVID-19 Outbreak – Review mask selection and best practices for use.
- Accommodation Requests – Review your policies and procedures for ADA compliance and processing religious and ADA accommodation requests.
- Employment Records – Review your policy for maintaining and updating employee records.
- Nondiscrimination – Review your policy for maintaining compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
And finally, keep an eye out for the new De-Escalation Course and Boosters being released in Vision soon. These new offerings provide strategies for reducing the intensity of high-stress interactions and avoiding conflict or even potential violence. This training will prepare you for potentially difficult conversations around the vaccine mandate. Request a demo to learn more.