On June 15, the Supreme Court ruled that LGBT employees are protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Over the past few weeks, we at Grace Hill have carefully reviewed our courses. Minor but important updates about Title VII are being made to the following compliance courses to ensure they accurately reflect this historic decision, and that learners know that sexual orientation and gender identity are now protected under Title VII.
- Diversity and Inclusion (Employee and Supervisor)
- Diversity and Inclusion Refresher (Employee and Supervisor)
- Sexual Harassment (Employee and Supervisor)
- Sexual Harassment Refresher (Employee and Supervisor)
- Workplace Harassment (Employee and Supervisor)
- Workplace Harassment Refresher (Employee and Supervisor)
We are also taking the opportunity to update the following courses to be more inclusive by organizing content on dress codes by job type rather than gender.
- Advanced Leasing
- Business Etiquette
- Leasing 1: Planning and Preparation
It is important to note that the Supreme Court’s ruling applies specifically to employment, so there are no changes being made to our fair housing content, as those titles address housing law, not employment law. We will continue to monitor for updates.
All changes will be implemented by the end of August.