Don’t launch alone! A smooth and successful software implementation begins with careful planning, focused training, and an experienced provider you can trust.
Before you know it, we’ll be turning the calendar on a new year! And while the thought of that might quicken your pulse, it’s also a thrilling opportunity for fresh starts and expanded possibilities — a chance to launch your people and your company to new heights.
In fact, for those preparing to improve operations and efficiency by onboarding new software and systems, the new year provides the perfect backdrop. After all, the idea of “New Year. New You!” isn’t just limited to personal goals and aspirations. It’s a mindset that can easily transfer to the multifamily workplace when well-positioned from the start.
Because, like it or not, that new year is coming. So, as you count down the days toward your upcoming software conversion, here are some helpful tips to make the experience positive, but, more importantly, successful.
5 Steps for Onboarding New Software in Multifamily
The steps to onboarding new software vary depending on the type of software, the size of your company, and your specific needs. However, as a multifamily property management leader, there are some general steps you can follow to ensure a successful software onboarding process:
- Plan ahead. Before you start using new software, it’s important to have a plan in place. Choose a reputable software partner like Grace Hill who can help you identify your goals for the software, determine how you will measure success, and provide a proven timeline and process for implementation. Here is an example from our survey solution.
- Get Buy-In. Let your team know about the new software and why you’re implementing it. Explain its benefits and how it will make your employees’ jobs easier. Be sure to answer any questions they may have during the process.
- Provide training. Once you have a plan in place, it’s time to start training your team on the new software. Training can be done through group training sessions, online tutorials, or one-on-one training. Make sure you have a comprehensive process that incorporates training best practices to ensure employee adoption and implementation success.
- Migrate your data. If you’re migrating data from an old software system to a new one, be sure to do this carefully and methodically. Lean on the experts and test the data migration process thoroughly to ensure all your data transfers correctly.
- Provide support. Once your team is using the new software, provide them with expert and reliable support. This could include providing an avenue to answer questions, troubleshooting assistance, and offering training on new features.
Change can be difficult. But keep in mind that implementing new multifamily software solutions is not a process you should have to navigate alone. Reputable software providers like Grace Hill will have experts to guide and support you, ensuring a smooth and successful program launch.
3 Additional Tips for Software Onboarding Success
While it’s critical to cover the basics when onboarding a new multifamily software solution, you also should consider including these additional tips for an implementation process that sticks.
Combining the onboarding steps shared above with the implementation tips below helps create a meaningful process that supports your learners and provides space for feedback.
- Personalize the software onboarding process. Generic processes just don’t cut it. To be effective, you need to tailor the software onboarding process to the specific needs of your team members and the solution being implemented. For example, we suggest advanced training for your admin users so they can be an internal resource for your team.
- Use a variety of training methods. Some people learn best by watching videos, while others prefer to read documentation or attend hands-on training sessions. Everyone learns differently and often at a different pace. Creating a software onboarding program that “sticks” with your team requires a variety of training and communication methods to meet your team’s needs.
- Get feedback from your team. Survey your team members for feedback on the software onboarding process and the new software. This feedback will help you improve the onboarding process for future users and identify areas for improvement. A willingness to listen, learn, and respond to your team’s constructive feedback is the key to improvement. Don’t be afraid to make adjustments!
By following these software onboarding steps for success, you can ensure a smooth and successful onboarding process for your new multifamily software solution.
How Grace Hill Partners in Your Success
Grace Hill keeps customers at the heart of all we do. So, as you prepare to take your next steps with a proven provider of multifamily software solutions, let Grace Hill walk beside you as a partner in your success.
When you go with Grace Hill, you get:
- A choice of implementation plans — standard implementation for a fast start or customized implementation for more tailored training and support leading up to launch.
- A proven step-by-step process.
- Dedicated account management.
- Personal support.
Ready to take your property management company to new heights? Let our experts at Grace Hill guide you through your software implementation process to ensure a smooth and successful program launch!