New Mini Course: Fair Housing & Limited English Proficiency
The FHA prohibits discrimination against individuals in protected classes when renting, buying, or securing financing for housing. While limited English proficiency (LEP) is not itself a protected class, policies negatively affecting LEP can still violate the FHA by having a discriminatory effect on members of a protected class. Our latest mini course helps property management employees understand and comply with HUD guidelines regarding LEP.
In 15 minutes or less, employees will learn:
- The definition of LEP
- How English proficiency is related to one or more of the protected classes named in federal fair housing law
- Strategies to make sure they comply with HUD’s guidelines and do not discriminate against people with LEP
All of our mini courses include:
- Voice narration and live video
- An accompanying downloadable workbook
- A Knowledge Challenge Quiz, which must be passed to complete the course
- Responsive comprehension questions throughout the training
- Real-life examples
- Behavioral questions based on potential scenarios
Mini courses are part of our Compliance Plus program. These quarterly training modules on emerging compliance issues are available to Gold and Platinum-level Vision clients, who can find the new mini course in their libraries.
To find out about becoming a Gold or Platinum Vision client, contact your account manager, or you can request a demo and learn more about Compliance Plus here.