New Grace Hill Mini Course: Fair Housing & Social Media
As part of our Compliance Plus program, Grace Hill releases quarterly mini courses, special training modules built around emerging compliance issues. Our latest mini course — available in your course library now — provides practical strategies for complying with fair housing law while managing social media.
In the multifamily industry, social media is a great marketing tool, and can help build strong connections and a sense of community with your customers. However, it is important to be just as mindful of fair housing laws when sharing information and interacting with customers online as it is when you share information and interact in print and in person. The same rules apply. You are responsible for complying with anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws, no matter what form of communication you are using.
In only 20 minutes, employees will learn:
- How to apply the FHA’s rules about discrimination in advertising to social media posts.
- How to develop policies and procedures to help social media posts comply with the FHA.
- Guidance for using information customers post on social media without violating the FHA.
- Strategies to avoid and handle problematic social media posts in ways that comply with the FHA.
All of our mini courses include:
- Voice narration and live video
- An accompanying downloadable workbook
- A Knowledge Challenge Quiz, which must be passed to complete the course
- Responsive comprehension questions throughout the training
- Real-life examples
- Behavioral questions based on potential scenarios
Mini courses are available to our Gold and Platinum level Vision clients as one of the features of Compliance Plus.